Remote Education Provision:
Information for Parents
Remote Education Support Procedure
Where a class, group or small number of pupils need to self-isolate, or there is a local lockdown requiring pupils to remain at home, school will provide immediate remote education. Please see the planned procedure detailed below.
In these cases, school will provide:
- work that follows the curriculum sequence including online and offline resources and access to teaching videos
- assignments in a range of different subjects daily
- access to remote education resources
- access to a range of online tools (see websites listed below)
- printed resources for those pupils who do not have suitable online access
- frequent and clear explanations from online resources or teachers within school
- regular feedback and assessment of the work that has been set and open communication with staff in school
- individualised support for SEND pupils
High-quality online resources
Oak National Academy
Video lessons covering the entire National Curriculum will be provided. School will be using these resources to support home learning and they will be adapted to match the school’s curriculum plan.
Thanks to the support of POPS, school are able to continue using this online resource to share children’s work on class blogs and provide games and activities linked to the relevant curriculum topics.
Free online books to support reading at home.
30-day free trial. Huge range of online books available to support reading at home.
Times Tables Rockstars
Practise your rapid recall of times tables facts.
For children without online access, school will provide alternative printed work. Please let school know if this applies to your child/children